“TAWASUL III Conference” RecommendationsAdmin
The PIFMC, Palestine International Forum for Media and Communication, has successfully concluded its third biennial conference this Monday 19th November, which was held in Istanbul with the participation of more than 750 journalists from 65 countries around the world.
The conference was entitled “Palestine Addressing the World” in Istanbul; and it was featured with the presence of influential media personalities, editors and directors of various media organizations, including remarkable attendance of youth especially students of media colleges from the various Palestinian universities.
The conference included a number of panels, intellectual seminars and specialized training courses; and the results and recommendations were as follows:
• First: Launching the “Handbooks Series for Journalists and Media Institutions on covering the Palestinian Issue”, in several international languages; which outlines the Palestinian narrative. The first stage consists of five handbooks focusing on the general media policies to cover Palestine, and the detailed media policies to cover; Jerusalem, the Settlements in the West Bank, the Prisoners in Israeli Jails, and the guide to confront media normalization in the Arab media.
• Second: Launching the “Palestine Films” project, which represents the visual memory of the Palestinian cause and the Palestinian people.
• Third: Launching the “Palestine Briefly” project, which explains the basics of the Palestinian Issue in short storytelling videos in several international.
• Fourth: Launching the second edition of the “Media Creativity Award for Palestine 2019/’20”
• Fifth: Reaffirming the need to conduct a number of training courses on Palestine in various countries around the world.
• Sixth: Working on the implementation of three sessions of the “Correspondent to Palestine” project, that provides international journalists with the opportunity to visit the Occupied parts of Palestine in order to allow them to witness closely the daily sufferings of the Palestinian people.